Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hi My Name is Angela and I am a Roadie.

A few days before the big blizzard hit I was out walking the snowtorious B.I.G and the neighbor in the single family home two houses to my right struck up a converstion with me. It started light with my he's a big guy. Biggie is a little overwhelming he's a 75 pound English Bulldog. Her little dog Lucy was enjoying running up and then running away from Biggie. She noted that I was new to the neighborhood which I confirmed and mentioned buying that place over there. Pointed to said condo where for sale sign once lived. Biggie and I kept walking down the sidewalk and on the return she asked the job question. My response was simple... I'm an Independent Contractor. She follwed that with oh in what field and I responsed with Live Touring Production. pauses akward silence.... confused looks and finally I said I travel with various live entertainment shows.... and just as I saw her look of complete terror I drop... "I'm a roadie." She gets it oh "you travel with the rock bands from place to place oh I see. Anyone I know?" We shared a few laughs over my past employers and said good-bye. Biggie and I walked back into the house and it hits me "I'm a roadie." Seriously that's my job.

No comments: