Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Na'cho

Random Stranger's always ask me... "What's your dog's name?" I always reply with a giggle "Na'cho. He was a foster fail. My boyfriend kept saying. 'Have you met my dog' and I kept saying.. that's Na'cho Dog so he named him Na'cho and he is our dog."

Na'cho who entered our home as "Zeke" a name he never responded to. He was being fostered by the amazing Deb Douglas who noticed he wasn't getting enough puppy play time with his older foster siblings. So a post went out with a request of a home where he could get more play time in. One thing I LOVE about the passion of animal lovers is the constant awareness of what an animal needs. It's so great that animals that use to only know a small cage now have these beautiful voices to lift them up. but I'll save that for another blog post. Back to "Zeke" He was scheduled to be neutered and was dropped off at the go to vet for Bulldogs All Pet's. Nate and I would pick him up after his surgery. We told Miss Lexi we were going to retrieve her a buddy and we made the trek out to Lockport. On arrival we were greeted by the amazing staff who we knew well from weekly trips with Miss Lexi. We were placed in a room. Then in a flash a small chubby silly 11 month old Bulldog ran past the door and Nate looked at me in complete horror as if to say oh no not that one that can't be him... the vet tech rerouted him and in the room here ran wiggle butt shaking and straight into Nate's lap. I listened as the vet tech gave us the run down on his issues and things to keep and eye out for and off we went. First stop was Target this little guy needed something to chew on and was in need of some pamper wipes for his tush. I return from the store to Nate who's first words on my return "Have you met my dog Batman Octavius Ditka?" and my reply that's "Na'cho" dog.

I feel like Biggie sent in Na'cho to be the healer for Nate. You see three weeks after Biggie's passing Nate went through what I can only say is a living nightmare.  I can't actually tell you that story as it's not my story to tell. Na'cho gave Nate something to focus on. Na'cho had a Luxating patella. A condition in which the patella, or kneecap, dislocates or moves out of its normal location. A successful but tough operation was done by Dr. Paul Navin at All Pets. Na'cho had the bone carved down and two medal pins placed to keep him together.  Two months after surgery Na'cho started physical therapy at Integrative Pet Care. Na'cho completed eight weeks of swimming, exercises, lasers, and chiro. He was a little machine. A few weeks after completing treatment one of his pins starting pushing out and after a visit with Dr. Navin he returned to have one pin removed.  He was actually so strong and active that the smaller of the pins was pushing itself out. Once that pin was removed it was if he had magically been transformed. I was on the road for a majority of this and Nate did a great job on seeing him through and getting him healed. 

Anyone who has met Na'cho knows what a sweet gentle soul he is. He's full of love. When my dad met him turned to me and said you know who would have ever thought you could find another dog that had just as big of a personality. 

Na'cho you know I wasn't ready for you but I am so glad you choose us. 















1 comment:

Amy P said...

Love that story and your little family :)