Thursday, July 26, 2012

1992

It has recently been brought to my attention that my 20 year high school reunion is approaching in a few short months. When I look back on high school I remember that I wasn't a popular kid heck I barely attended classes my senior year. I went to UMR half days just to avoid being there... I was the kid who wore a shirt that read no blood for oil and got voted most likely to overthrow the government. I was to busy spinning records at KMNR, I spent most of my nights sleeping on the floor at Amy and Sandy's dorm. I dressed funny, I had braids, I listened to strange music, no one signed my yearbook. I was not cool. That didn't stop me from singing at my high school talent show (Mazzy Star - Give you my Lovin') Thanks to Lee for jumping in to tap the tambourine when I got to scared and Jason for telling me I could and I would... I sang from my heart...My closing statement for the yearbook senior will read "to the closed minded yuppies in the hallway -I did it my way" And in the end I did at graduation I wore black and white striped stockings and black chucks and a daisy in my hair... and I got on with it...  I survived the teasing and it turns out those bands I listened to survived as well... Heck Green Day charted top 40 and has a Broadway musical! That radio station helped shape my career. I guess when I look back it really makes me just look forward more then anything. Makes me proud of things I often dismiss or laugh off in my daily life.  Thankful for the experiences and the knowledge I have gained the miles I have traveled... I'm still me. :o)





2 comments:

snellycat said...

your first post in 2012 and it's AWESOME! I kinda wish I had known you in high school but I'm so glad I know you now. Get on those chucks again and kick some 20 year old HS bootie. :) love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

I knew you then, and I loved every bit of you!!
<3 Pan-z